Monday, April 27, 2009

What started it all

Welcome to BugsHugz Boutique the Blog!! I am so excited to finally get this venture off the ground. It has been a work in progress for months now and after several weeks of hard work it is finally a reality.

As a young girl my Grandmother taught me to knit and I really enjoyed sharing those moments with her. Somehow along the way I packed my needles away and let other parts of my life take over. As a photographer I found a need to start knitting for my business. The minute I picked up my needles again; I fell back in love.

I have never been much of a pattern follower. As in life I am not one for living/thinking in a box; I rely more on stream of conscious creativity. The same philosophy applies to my knitting. I usually just grab a couple of balls of yarn and I create as I go. I guess in a way you can say my knits come from within.

I was perfectly content making hats for myself and friends; I had never considered turning creative outlet into a business. That all changed when I posted this picture of the hats I was making on Flickr.
Within in minutes of posting this picture I was receiving email requests for my hats. It was a whirlwind and I could barely keep up with the amount of requests I was receiving. After several months of filling hat requests I have finally decided to start my own Etsy Boutique where other Moms and Photographers alike can purchase my knits.

I am so excited to start this new extension of my life. As new designs are created, I will be posting them on here. I will also be having occasional giveaways for free goodies. So drop by occasionally and check things out.

Thank you for all of your support and for joining me on this journey. I appreciate it and you more than you can ever know :).

K

No comments:

Post a Comment